Main Menu

Cheating

Started by Dick Roberts (Web admin), December 03, 2004, 01:17:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Roberts (Web admin)

Posted by Martin Woodley on May 06, 2003 at 16:37:24:

Oh dear! I hav'nt checked the forum for a bit and wondered if Oulton would cause a stir. My view:-

1: Mallory - Excelent from a spectators point of view maybe only 2 cars in with a real chance but they raced. Plus the circuit allows the spectator to see everything so the crowd were entralled by Gary and Simons antics and the 10 car race for 3rd. Add to that a good 2CV positive commentator. I nearly got my race suit out after this race!
2: Oulton - Boring from a spectators point of view. One car outfront, 2 cars racing for second falling further behind and the real race going on for 4th, limited views, little action and a negative commentator (you've got him at Anglesey too. The bad sign was that the marshall at the post wher I was were bored and lost interest (thats a very bad sign. I put my race suit back in the cupboard after this race

So, why did Gary win?

Good car
Well developed - A lot of time, design and development plus I guess some cash
Good driver - now experinced with winning!
Clean start from the front
Wet race
2nd & 3rd holding each other up

My only comment to Gary or anyone else winning by a country mile - Please learn to sandbag a bit or the formula will suffer.

My comment to the rest of you :- 2CV racing should be close and competitive if its not its just another formula looking for track time.

Cheers
The fatcontroler - retired
PS Well done the 24 hour team - amazing coo with Autotrader