Main Menu

24hr race weather - Someones is having a laugh

Started by Pete Sparrow, May 29, 2007, 17:57:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Sparrow

I'm now home very tired, hungry and hating the M25.
my cats are in the garden meaning only one thing.
Yes, the sun is out. I'd almost forgotten what it looks like. May be Norfolk is just special. (any one who has met Wayne will know this is true) How can one place have such unforgiving rain? it was still raining when i left at 12.30.... This must be the wettest race ever, don't mind a wet race but this was too much for me.
Thanks again to everyone who had a hand in the organisation. I know we all stood on the pit wall at some point waiting for our cars to come round hoping that they had not come off/been hit by someone who had/drowned in the rivers that flooded the circuit/sunk in the mud bath the otherside of the kirbs and thought as the car came into sight, passed with a scream of engine rev's and covered every bit of you with water and spray, why am i doing this AGAIN? now warm and with a cup of tea in my hand, it makes me smile when i think about how mad it all is, how much work is involved for so many people and how much i want to be in the car sliding round Coram at roughly 45 degrees wondering if i really have over cooked it this time. This was my 17th event and i don't think i'll ever get bored of it.
Roll on 2008
Just also want to say thanks to my team for yet another brilliant and unforgettable weekend.
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Steve Cowell

45 degrees !!!!!!!  the only time I saw 45 degrees at coram was when I spun (twice!!)  lololol you can imagine the hand signals from the crew on the pit wall as I passed,now 45 degrees at sears..............no problem!!
The older I get,the faster I was (not)

Oli Hall

I agree mate, what an awsome weekend! Yeah the rain was terrible and the wind made it feel bloody cold and I was sleeping in the back of a cold van with a man.... but nothing dampened my spirits or those in the team.

Another truely memorable 24hr race with what must be the most friendly and fun racing club in the country (world?).

I love you guys, all of you (not in that way....)

Roll on 2008

Paul Robertson

Quote from: "Oli Hall"

I love you guys, all of you (not in that way,only gary)

Roll on 2008

Geoff Archer

Quote from: "Paul Robertson"
Quote from: "Oli Hall"

I love you guys, all of you (not in that way,only gary)

Roll on 2008

OLI AND GARY IN BROKEMEBACK MOUNTAIN" 24hrs, 2 men, no mountain, but a feat of human adventure!
NES 2cv Speed Shop
+44 (0)1609 771313

helen deeley

Well, that got over the baptism of fire at Brands, I damn near drowned this weekend! Can't say my first stint was fun, having never driven in either dark or rain  :shock: , but the 2nd & 3rd stints were highly entertaining!
Paddock Hill Bend is not flat in top!

Oli Hall

I cant believe that you doctored my original post Paul... it wasnt like that at all... gary's just a friend... I really like him, but we've agreed that theres nothing more to it...

Damn you lot. Is nothing sacred?

Chris Yates

Quote from: "Geoff Archer"
OLI AND GARY IN BROKEMEBACK MOUNTAIN" 24hrs, 2 men, no mountain, but a feat of human adventure!

Wasn't that film about a couple of cowboys? ;)

Christian Callander

Standing in wet feet, in a wet paddock, I was expecting a tap on the shoulder from Davy Jones (the pirate not the camp Monkee)

Thanks to everyone who made the weekend work. Erica enjoyed Radio Fine Print from the motorhome - great idea.

Unqualified congratulations to ECAS. Brilliant professional job. No shame to be beaten by them a worthy win. Did anyone field a stronger team of drivers? Work the pace car better? Have better prep? Better Luck? - No
They came back kicked our asses - well done.

How much worse it could have been in our garage I can't imagine - at least we all kept smiling. Thanks Graham, Ronnie Alec et al.

Keep the faith - we can't have wetter weekend....

Pete Sparrow

Don't say things like that! Not even jokingly - we might be at Pembrey next year..... :shock:
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)