Main Menu

Press Coverage

Started by Trevor Williams, May 31, 2007, 19:26:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Williams

Right,
The weeklys are out and:
Motorsport News - Better coverage of the race at Stowe a few weeks before
Autosport - Quote on page 15, picture of the start on page 99, and a decent race report
Cheers
Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Derek Coghill

Haven't seen Autosport (but did get NME and Private Eye). Thought the MN "report" particularly rubbish.

Pete Sparrow

I've got Razzle and MCN but not much in either of them
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Andrew Bull

Pete you said there was something on Pistonheads site.  Where?
Andrew Bull
TĂȘte Rouge Racing with Habitabull & Propolis
Rookie Champion       2022
team champions         1998 2000 2008 2009 2013
24hr winners               2005 2006 2009 2010 
championship winner 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

Pete Sparrow

bully.
heres the link.

http://www.pistonheads.com/xforums/topic.asp?h=0&f=93&t=397083&i=0

i know there is some other stuff on there as well
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Trevor Williams

More press coverage in this weeks autosport. Two page spread at the back of the Club section
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Francis Rottenburg

It was me - okay?  I told a journo in strict secrecy what really happened and he splashes it all over the bloody magazine - jeez team mates eh?  I have all the usual excuses but I... oh you fill it in!  You sort of get lost out there at two in the morning with no one on the pit wall and I wanted to know where I was in my stint.  Hung the watch out the window so the car behind would light it up and :evil: bang!  Guess I'll have to build another car as no one else will be stupid enough to let me drive their's.  

His final point is well made though.  Why do we keep on doing the thing?  I suppose it has something to do with "travelling in expectation" and that it is truly an adventure which has very little parallel in modern life other than possibly the military.  Graham Harper must know by now, I suppose.

Any one got a roll cage and a decent shell for sale......?

Derek Coghill

Francis, I have a spare shell with a cage in. You'll have to come and get it, though! Could do with a bit of TLC, although it got an MOT not that long ago.

Got a spare chassis too.

Francis Rottenburg

Derek, thanks.  I have thought it through and I don't think I will have a wife if I start from scratch again!  It was great to see Nessie going so well at Snett, long may it continue.  Cheers, Francis