Main Menu

Hiring a car

Started by Richard hollis, March 19, 2007, 18:58:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard hollis

I remember sitting at the agm and listening to an arguement for endurance racing. Whilst i may not have agreed with all that was said the basic arguement was that this format would boost grids and allow the championship to continue. So with this in mind i have bought and rebuilt the 4th 2cv racing car now belonging to us and offered it for hire. I have filled in the contact/hire sheet on the website and have recieved a confirm drive for one of the potential four seats through the forum. However, three remain available and i have had no other interest, even to just enquire about the price. With just 2 weeks left to the entry closing date it looks unlikely that the seats will be filled and therefore the car will not run with just one paying driver. I wonder therefore how we generate interest for the first race other than from current members as the availablity of my car is not visible on the website (other than entering the forum and searching the listings). Should i email dick directly with a write up for the front web page? I thought this was not the approach we as a club were taking? If we have only attracted 2 new members and most people who raced last year in sprints are doubling up, will this not mean we have decreased grid numbers? Just a thought.  :?:

Dick Roberts

The question would be 'above or below the advert for caravans'.  The Club's web's front page can be expanded to contain lots of stuff.

Andrew Bull

Front page of website should not be for adverts.  In my opinion the site's 'welcome page' appears to be turning in to a notice board for services and supplies.  

Richard, firstly I wish to thank you on behalf of the club for the work with 2cv GB mag article and the annual / 2006 roundup.  A good review and reminder of what we all did.  

Secondly, I am going to assume that you have advertised the seats available and have also been in touch with Miss Noble.  She or the organizing committee (I'm not on it - dont tell me)  have some leads.  (Not the 'jump' type either).

Good luck in your search.
Andrew Bull
TĂȘte Rouge Racing with Habitabull & Propolis
Rookie Champion       2022
team champions         1998 2000 2008 2009 2013
24hr winners               2005 2006 2009 2010 
championship winner 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

Chris Yates

I know of a group of marshals that are looking for a car to hire, Richard. At this stage I don't know if they want to do just the 24hr or the whole season - I get the feeling they want to do it all.

They say they've been in touch with 'the site' and received no response, so I have asked them for further info, and if necessary I'll gather info on their behalf.

Do you want me to pass on your phone number?

They're serious too. It's a charity team, and I think they have some backing from Barclays bank.

David Sullivan

To be fair the page on the website to advertise cars for hire etc.. is pretty useless at the minute, why isn't there a list of drivers who want drives with their contact details & cars that need drivers with their contact details & what is on offer, ie. car delivery to the circuit, mechanical support & event how many pennies someone will have to slap out to get the seat. surely that cant be pushing the boundries of the club?

helen deeley

Useless is a bit harsh! I thought any car/ seat hire was something that would need to agreed btween the owner & hirer, so isn't something the club would get involved in.  If you get in touch with Catherine Im sure she will point you in right direction  :)
Paddock Hill Bend is not flat in top!

Marc Fenner

Again we still need a driver. We have had noone contact us regarding this. Past years we have had to many.
Cathrine is very busy i know at the moment but we wont be racing without a driver

pat collier

HI Marc  give me a call might be able to do something email [email protected] with details

David Sullivan

Quote from: "helen deeley"Useless is a bit harsh! I thought any car/ seat hire was something that would need to agreed btween the owner & hirer, so isn't something the club would get involved in.

Then why is there a page on the website?

Dick Roberts

Hello

As far as I am aware they are there for the same reason that you are asking the question.

Richard hollis

Thanks for your reply Chris, yes please past them my number - 07881 701099 thanks Richard.