Main Menu

Feedback from the CoC at Brands

Started by Trevor Williams, April 23, 2007, 16:52:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Williams

This applies to everyone

John Felx, the CoC at Brands this weekend, was very complimentary of our race, and I have to say that I can't remember a race where noone got called to see the CoC afterwards, so well done to all who took part.

He did however have one point that he asked me to make to everyone and that is as follows:

Safety Car Procedure: With Snetterton in mind, can we all make sure that when a safety car is deployed we make every effort to catch uop with the back of the train of cars. Please only do this in a safe manner, but it makes things a lot easier for the marshalls if they have the maximum amount of time to clear the incident

Cheers

Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Nick Roads

thanks for feedback trevor and for sorting out the 2cv club so well yet again
as a point of interest we got fined £ 150 (£50 each) as we did not attend 2cv briefing @ 1130 and I think were not alone on this
my fault in that I did not read the paperwork properly but they did say at the "disciplinary" it was clearly signed at new drivers meeting (which we did attend at 0830) that there was a 2cv meeting but did not notice any signs (nor did they mention it).
BARC did not help either as I was the only person to get tickets and the other 2 drivers never got any or signing on details so I could not blame them
We could have appealed but as we were called in at 1515 had other things to worry about and only get 30 minutes to appeal..
on safety car point not sure if it came up at the 2cv briefing as we were not present... but good idea to mention it again at snetterton in the briefing as I think one of our drivers was not quite aware of the SC system and need to catch up - also the white flag / yellow flag then green flag routine on restart

Trevor Williams

Nick
You got off lightly, the fine is normally £130.00

I saw your car blasting off on the green flag lap, and im even more surprised after this info that the driver didnt get called before the CoC again!!

Ah well, its all experience, and they wont do it again!!!

It will be interesting how much money they make at Anglesey, and how they will run the new driver briefing as no-one has raced at the circuit before!!

Hope it didnt spoil your weekend

Trevor

Ben Allan

Nick,

We got had as well but only 1 of our drivers, when all 4 went to the wrong  new driver (11.30) meeting.  I can see the point on safety, but at 8.30 we were being scrutineered and at 10 we were finishing the first session.  

Therefore they were going to get their money no matter what we did.

Bit of a con!

Ben

Trevor Williams

Ben
I hate to sound pedantic, but scrutineering lasted til 9:10, so you had plenty of time after the 8:30 briefing

In all rights, the CoC could have black Flagged you for being out on the circuit without having attended the briefing!!!!

Its a salutory reminder to EVERYONE, that if you haven't raced at a circuit before, make sure you get to the briefing!!!

Cheers

Trevor

Nick Roads

trevor

you are too observant about the green flag lap - crossed my mind as well at the time that we might get in trouble

did not ruin the weekend - it was great, even better than last year we all thought which is depressing for the wife and the bank manager

hopefully the marhsalls get the money as in our private briefing the deputy CofC was very clear we only needed to change twice given we had 3 drivers but pit marshall told us we had to do 3 changes - we followed his advice..!

all goes to prove no-one's perfect