Main Menu

Anglesey - BARC NW Concerns re Grid Size

Started by Trevor Williams, June 18, 2007, 11:39:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Archer

heres a better one, me and oli were on about this, teams of 4 people put 1600 quid behind the bar, you dont turn up with a car, we dont get wet, no damage( except for drinking injurys, and there more like trophies)
and just get w**kerd! oh and you buy a trophy, lol :lol:
NES 2cv Speed Shop
+44 (0)1609 771313

Pete Sparrow

Mary.
i can see why you are upset about your car and the incidents but as you pointed out you have done a lot of racing of various types over the years.
one thing that makes 2cv racing different is that its is very close, i would say that there were possibly people following too closely but this is sometimes the only way to get past, your oppotunities when racing against varied opposition would better i feel as each type of car has it's own plus's and minus's making passing or being passed easier. The other thing to say is that most of the a good lap time in a 2cv comes from the corners (and exit speed), if you were being touched at the entrance to corners it may have been that you were still finding what the car will do and others may have been expecting you to be quicker. not a critisism but just and idea.
In general there is a few novices out at the 24hr but in general i would say that given the conditions (which changed from lap to lap) i was happy with the driving standards (i think i was brilliant  :roll: ). I think that most people were happy as well but i really hope that you come back and give it another go.
regards
pete
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Mary Lindsay

Quotei can see why you are upset about your car and the incidents
Thanks for your comments Pete. We were very upset about the damage to the car. We put a lot of effort, cash and hours of work in to prepare the car for the race and to do justice to the 2CV series. We wanted to demonstrate that we were taking it seriously and not just as a novelty. To have such a catalogue of damage to a car that we felt a great affection for was really upsetting.

I fully accept your comment about the overtaking opportunities in races where there are cars with more varied levels of performance, it is a valid point although we did think that it would a bit more friendly out on the track than it turned out to be.

Clearly from other comments on the forum, driving standards have been an issue before and maybe a reminder at the drivers' briefing before the event to exercise a little more tolerance would do the trick.

Quotei really hope that you come back and give it another go.
As I have said before it was always our intention to do more than just the 24 hour race and, time and budget permitting, we will try to get the car sorted before the end of the season. The repairs needed are pretty substantial though.
I am not one to quit at the first setback; nor do I expect to
Quotebimble round
or go for a
Quotesunday ride round the country
We are very appreciative of the help and support given to us by various  members of the 2CV Racing Club, particularly Steve Panas, Trevor Williams, Christian Callander, Jon Davis, Paul Robertson and of course you Pete, and hope to meet up with you later in the season.

Bas

7 hits in 24 rainswept hrs ! you obviously werent about in the late 90,s when royce and blissy could give and take 7 hits in 24 mins! without rain!!!
Tete Rouge Racing since 1993

Mary Lindsay

Quote7 hits in 24 rainswept hrs ! you obviously werent about in the late 90,s when royce and blissy could give and take 7 hits in 24 mins! without rain!!!
Can't say I'm sorry I missed it!
I always thought motor racing was about skilful driving and incident avoidance.......... :shock:

Geoff Archer

Quote from: "simon scott"7 hits in 24 rainswept hrs ! you obviously werent about in the late 90,s when royce and blissy could give and take 7 hits in 24 mins! without rain!!!
now was it stowe last lap, ???
he had 6 hits on you before the first corner

eh the old days, zolder,croix, cocktails, over subscribed grids, ecas vs valeo, bah when i was a lad
NES 2cv Speed Shop
+44 (0)1609 771313

Ben Allan

Mary,
I've been in this for 2+ years and I echo Pete's comments: its weird driving and it takes a little time to work out how to predict how the other cars are going to move.

But the huge difference is that if you get a biff, as we did this year (both doors out, chassis and frame buggered - and my fault I have to say) there is an immediate gang of people there to help you out.  Everyone will pull it out to get you going again.  I'm not convinced that you can say that of any other club.

Ben

Mary Lindsay

Ben, I agree with you, they are challenging to drive and that is one of the things that attracted us to 2CV racing. There is definitely an art in getting the best out of a lower powered car and I am sure that it will take quite a time to get the hang of it.

We have certainly found that there are a lot of helpful people in the club too. I am pleased to be able to tell you that the Morgan racing fraternity is also always ready to pitch in and help if you have any problems. I know that there are a great many clubs where this does not apply.

Very sorry to hear of your biff, it sounds as though you suffered more than we did. I hope you can get it sorted out.

Derek Coghill

<royce and blissy could give and take 7 hits in 24 mins>

Aye, and they were in the same team!

Steve Cowell

We had one hit over the 24hrs, and from a car sharing the same garage !!(Rod did appologise!!!  lolololol ) oh, and I very nearly collected Mr Sparrow at riches sorry Pete  :lol:
The older I get,the faster I was (not)

Geoff Archer

Quote from: "Steve Cowell"We had one hit over the 24hrs, and from a car sharing the same garage !!(Rod did appologise!!!  lolololol ) oh, and I very nearly collected Mr Sparrow at riches sorry Pete  :lol:

so did he have to walk back?
NES 2cv Speed Shop
+44 (0)1609 771313

Trevor Williams

Anglesey Entries:

Confirmed: Me, Sammie, Phil, Helen, Aubrey, Derek, Wayne, Matt, Neil, Steve P, Andy Smith, Graham Harper.
Going to Enter: Peter Rigg, Darren Baker

That makes 14. One more and they definately cannot cancel it.

All the above will be receiving their subsidy at the track.

If you dont like the club spending your money going racing, ENTER THE BL**DY RACES!

Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Simon Crook

I for one will be carrying on with the build of my race car, and I want to get at least the last round in, ready for a full season next year! (I hope this gets soughted out I'm sure it will).

Still need a few bits if anyone's got any of the following please let me know:

Plastic light lenses
Approved Oil Catch Tank
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Steve Panas

Approved oil catch tray. That must be the track at Snetterton then

Paul Robertson

[quote="Simon Crook
Approved Oil Catch Tank[/quote]

2litre evian bottle does the job ,strong enough and very light.