Main Menu

Holly Birkett 6-hour relay race, Silverstone

Started by Frank Barnard, July 13, 2007, 17:46:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Barnard

If the Club's looking for a shop window to show the competitiveness of its' wares, what about entering a team for the 750 MC's six-hour relay race at Silverstone on Saturday 27 October? It's a handicap event open to everything from Porsches to Austin Sevens, and reliability and consistency against the handicapper's projected lap times mean that the fastest do not always win. Typically, there are four cars in a team. I have a faint memory that someone in the Club did this before. Anyway, apart from Spa, it would seem an interesting way to conclude the season...
I'd book a drive for one, although it would of course mean joining the 750 MC as well as the BARC.
Just a thought...

Paul Robertson

We did this last year frank.They have changed the rules now and we are not quick enough to get an entry.

Frank Barnard

Trevor Williams

Frank,
Doing the race would be a waste of time. The handicap system is rubbish, and the organisation , in my opinion left a hell of a lot to be desired. Most of the team of people who did the race last year came away feeling that we had been stiffed
Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Mary Lindsay

QuoteWe did this last year frank.They have changed the rules now and we are not quick enough to get an entry.
How have they changed the rules Paul? Surely the pre war Austin Sevens aren't quicker than a 2CV?

Paul Robertson

They don't allow cars faster than 60 seconds or slower than 90 seconds now mary.