Main Menu

Informal meeting

Started by Paul Robertson, July 12, 2007, 15:15:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary Lindsay

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the meeting on Saturday and I apologise in advance.

My thoughts as a newcomer to the series are that my family/domestic commitments mean that the far flung circuits are out of the question for me. Pembrey and Anglesey are non-starters. I know that we have to take the opportunities which present themselves in terms of venues as they are largely dictated by the agendas of other more wealthy clubs. Also I can see that there are quite a number of 2CV racers who like these circuits.

As I support another series as well my loyalties are divided and I am not able to devote my funds and time entirely to the 2CV series. Therefore the wishes of those who do should be paramount and those of us who are part-timers should accept the wishes of the small and loyal core of regular 2CV racers.

I think it would be very sad if the 2CV club failed through lack of support.

Derek Coghill

All the circuits this year are far-flung! I think Anglesey was the closest...

Mary Lindsay

QuoteAll the circuits this year are far-flung! I think Anglesey was the closest...
I suppose it depends where you are starting from.....

Mallory, Silverstone and Brands are best for me but having said that, because the car wasn't ready we couldn't do Brands; a comprehensive rebuild after the 24 hour put Anglesey and Silverstone out of the question and I will be away in September for the Mallory meeting although I am trying to get a couple of other drivers to enter Mallory if the car is ready by then.