Main Menu

New Mandate for the club

Started by Ben Allan, July 19, 2007, 14:37:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Allan

As stated elsewhere I believe a clear mandate for the club is critical if we are to grow the club.  This should be able to be expressed in no more than 2 short sentances.  This is my suggestion what is yours?

"The 2CV Racing Club will be the leading first step in racing for novices and enduro for experienced racers."

The basic message is that this is where you learn your craft before you blow the big bucks.  Its a racing college where you learn car prep, paddock life, close racing, streamlining, pit-stops, enduro strategy and whoopsies.

This focus on new guys will mean most probably the promotion of a simpler Class B and a club owned promotional Class B car.  It will also mean more than one significant enduro in the calendar e.g. One 24hr and two 4 hr races + others.

All further decisions within the club will have to promote this mandate.

Your turn.

Ben

Trevor Williams

And every year we struggle to retain or attract new members.

Two classes? Not going to get my vote in any way, shape or form!

As I have stated elsewhere on this forum, all the ideas have been suggested before and most, if not all have been discounted.

As for having a "Mission Statement", we are a club of like-minded individuals, not a multi-national conglomerate run by MBA management-speakers

Cheers

Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

helen deeley

Speaking from novice corner I like the fact that we are all equal out on the track (ish!), and I don't see the need for 2 classes. I like pitting myself against the more experienced racers coz I learn a lot from following them. If we promoted the club as a sort of caterham academy for the hard-up wannabe racer what happens when us novices decide we've done our time & go onto other series? We need to keep people in the club racing, & I don't think a college style promotion will do that. And the club is seem to be attracting some new members, coz theres me & David Sullivan doing the season & at least 2 new teams in the 24hour in Alices Dream & Mary Lindseys crew.
Paddock Hill Bend is not flat in top!