Main Menu

Phil's penalty

Started by Matthew Hollis, June 29, 2009, 15:19:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew Hollis

This is mainly for Phil but if anyone else knows then feel free to comment! Can anyone tell me exactly what Phil was penalised for at Oulton - was it literally being out of position on the grid or is that a polite way of saying it was a jump start?  ???  Just need to clarify for Snails Pace, thanks.

Trevor Williams

As per the amended results sheet, 10 second penalty out of position, see regulations G62 and G63 for the exact descriptions
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

mark turner Whitwell Motorsport

I was 4th on the grid, watching phil and the lights! From my point of view phil did nothing wrong!
That is why i went to see the judge of fact to back phil. To me the penalty ruined probably one of the best races i have driven in a very long time, even with the competition backing phil the judge of fact was not going to change his mind :(   
Winners of the Snetterton 24hr 2011
Winners of the Snetterton 24hr 2012

Trevor Williams

Unfortunately, the judges of fact at Oulton are notorious for calling false / jump starts, so much so that their so far ahead in the number of reports compared to the total of every other circuit in the country its stupid!

Even more unfortunate that it is more dificult to get a judge of fact to change their opinion than it is to get blood out of a stone. The only way would be to have clear video evidence
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

philip myatt

The penalty was officially for being incorrectly positioned, having had discussions with both the CoC and the Judge of fact I'm still not really sure exactly what I did wrong, but as Trevor says you need something irrefutable as new evidence to put forward to even start a discussion process. The Judges of Fact would appear to have immunity from questioning about their decisions.

Alec Graham

i paid them to do it.

Steve Burns

Quote from: philip myatt on June 30, 2009, 13:21:57
The Judges of Fact would appear to have immunity from questioning about their decisions.
You can't appeal a Judge of Fact, only the penalty applied.  Whether or not a clerk chooses to act upon a Judge of Fact's report is an entirely different matter though.....