David Power

Hi Guys

We are looking to do our first 24 hour.

Are 5 drivers allowed?

Cheers

David

Art Dennis

Regs state:

3.1.3 For each event except the 24 hour Event, there may be a maximum of two drivers per car who may enter.

13 is the optimal number.

Matthew Hollis

Hi David,

The minimum for the 24hrs is 3 drivers, and usually the maximum is 4.  However, there have definitely been some teams in recent years that have had 5 drivers.  I seem to recall reading somewhere (maybe in the 24hr supplementary regs) that 5 are allowed at the discretion of the clerk of the course.  I'll see if I can find what I'm talking about, in the meantime perhaps someone else on here knows?

Matthew

Chris Yates

I've been digging through some documents to find any reference to the maximum, but haven't found anything...

Derek Coghill

We've had 5 drivers (to accomodate Graham one year when his team fell apart) - Richard Dalton was driving in a 5-driver team that year too.

Trevor Williams

That I believe was 2004, and was a one off, done to keep Graham's record going, and to accommodate Richard's decision at the circuit thathe wanted a drive.

All depends what is written in the regs though.

Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Alec Graham

Matthew Hollis

Knew I'd read it somewhere!
This is from the Specific Event Regulations (admittedly for 2009):

ELIGIBLE DRIVERS:
....Each car must have a minimum of three and maximum of four drivers for the event however one additional driver may be permitted at the discretion of the Clerk of the Course upon the recommendation of the 2CV Club....

So in theory you probably could have 5 assuming this reg isn't changed.

philip myatt

This would be considered on a case by case basis at the circuit.
A 5 driver entry cannot be guaranteed.
No one should plan on being able to run 5 drivers, you may not get the necessary clearance
and end up with a very disapointed driver.
Put your extra drivers into another car.

Philip

Trevor Williams

What part of maximum do you not understand Matt? I wouldn't ever rely on the Clerk of the Course saying "yes" to additional drivers over the four allowed!!  ;D
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Derek Coghill

Depends on the Clerk, Trev.....there are those names that make your heart sink.

(note tact!)