Main Menu

NEW WEBSITE BEING LAUNCHED

Started by Pete Sparrow, December 04, 2006, 19:41:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Sparrow

All being well the new club '2007 spec' website will be launched by Dick and Yvette at the start of next week. There has been a lot of work going on in the background by a lot of people in the past 3 months to get this organised.
Please make the effort have a look round it and let us know your thoughts. It might not be perfect but it will be polished over the winter ready for next year. If you see or read something that you feel is incorrect just send an e-mail to Dick or I and we will look into it.
You will also see that more of your mates/members have jobs on the site, this website is for everybody, we want to get you all involved so if you want a job or a page to manage just let us know. We would be glad of the help and support.
PLEASE REMEMBER! this site will only be as good as we all make it, we need updated information on you, your car, your team, your stories and your general plans for next year. If everyone gave 5 minutes of their time it would be a lot more interesting. For example, 'I'm going to win the championship' so states Andrew Findlay, Jack Daniels fan from Chobham. It doesn't matter what it is really as long as it is half relivent and interesting (or just plain funny).
We are also looking for pictures for the new 'gallery' section. What we want is your favorite pictures (2cv racing related, not of your wife or anything) that you like, your car going round a certain corner, a picture of your team at an old 24hr race, taking your first cup, bits of smashed engines, a club BBQ, something that sums up 2cv racing to you. We will proudly display them for you for the world to see. it would also be good to have a bit of text as to why it is important to you. It won't take long and if you don't it will be full of pictures of me polishing trophies. E-mail pics to Dick or I ASAP
Please also thank Dick and Yvette next time you see them as they do far more for us than you realise or they charge for. They are involved in almost every aspect of promoting this little club.

Positive reponses to everything that you have just read please.
thanks.
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Terry Scannell

Great news Pete, many thanks to all concerned in putting the new site together, which I am sure will be welcomed by everyone both within the club and those others who may be thinking about becoming a competitor or wish to marshal or just want to spectate and keep up with the news.

The existing site is possibly one of the best in the sport as it is so I am sure Dick and Yvette will do you proud!

Terry

Steve Cowell

Positive response  :lol:  :lol:

No really, well done to all concerned,this old site has been great to visit(for a newbie like me ) look forward to seeing the new one,hopefully see you out there more next year.
The older I get,the faster I was (not)

Gary Adnitt

To add some more "meat to the bone" from Petes comments, there is a lot of work behind the scenes to make OUR club look better in 2007 to potential racers, sponsors, spectators, circuit organisers and BARC officials. These efforts are being taken up as Pete says by club members who are commited to the club going forward.
I know that Pete has put a lot of work in with Dick and Yvette to update the website and create some promotional material, please support them, they are doing it for everyones benifit.
I am busy putting together some further promotional material with Dick and Yvette, looking create a more appealing "at the track image" and launch a sponsors package, more info that will tell you how YOU can help to follow.
Someone who used to be in the club said to me earlier today that they had heard the club was folding, not a hope with what we've got planned.
If you want to throw your hat into the ring email Trev, Pete or myself.

GBA
Your problem is not my problem, thats why its called your problem.